UPS Maintenance Services
As the largest independent service provider in the U.S., JT Packard supplies world class service and UPS maintenance, regardless of brand. Our engineers are strategically positioned throughout the U.S., guaranteeing national coverage and focused local delivery, 24/7/365. From UPS installation to emergency repair, JT Packard is committed to maintaining your critical power with innovative, cost-effective solutions.
JT Packard has numerous service differentiators including:
Field engineers present in major metropolitan areas
True, national multi-brand service for UPS systems and batteries, without relying on subcontractors
Well-equipped field engineers with laptops containing comprehensive technical documentation
Continuous training program for all equipment brands
Guaranteed response times to meet your uptime needs
National parts stocking with optional on-site parts stocking for a nominal fee
Preventative maintenance visits performed 24/7
Consistent, accountable service delivery, following documented scopes of work and procedures
Parts inventory for all brands of equipment, stocked across the country for same-day shipping
Emergency troubleshooting support by senior technical staff, 24/7/365
Counter-to-counter same day service on UPS parts
Critical Asset Portfolios (CAP), which summarize system performance at all of your facility locations, and dedicated account service coordinators.
Flexible, customer-driven invoicing terms and conditions - one master contract invoice, or individual site invoices
JT Packard will tailor a service plan to accommodate your power protection needs and concerns. Please contact us here to receive a service quote from a JT Packard representative.
Emergency UPS Service
JT Packard Field Engineers are factory-level trained on all brands and types of mission-critical power equipment. Calls to JT Packard are fielded by technically-trained staff , not an answering service. For immediate troubleshooting and diagnosis of all facets of your critical power infrastructure, call JT Packard any day, any time: (800) 972-9778.
If you are impacted by a major disaster, JT Packard can aide your critical power recovery and restoration efforts with an on-site team response. Our national service footprint and agility allow us to rapidly deploy Field Engineers to affected areas without compromising maintenance service delivery. Our engineering experts will bring your system back on-line, make necessary repairs, and replace parts and batteries to ensure complete restoration of your infrastructure.
Load Bank Testing
This test is limited to a specific piece of power surety equipment, under full-load conditions, to verify its operating function. We work with you to design a test customized to your facility, application, and budgetary allowance. Upon completion, we deliver a full report.
We recommend testing every two years. Optional tests of battery run time are available, and provide you with a real-life snapshot. Companies without generator back-up power find this test beneficial, as it facilitates the development of a systematic shut-down within a known power supply.
Preventative maintenance is crucial to acheive the maximum performance and lifespan from your critical power equipment. A preventative maintenance plan affords you the opportunity to detect and repair problems, minimizing your risk for unplanned downtime. Your full-service contract with JT Packard will improve the quality and consistency of your maintenance, while simplifying your contract management responsibilities. All maintenance services are delivered in accordance with applicable industry standards, such as IEEE, Bellcor, and CAT2.
JT Packard's professional service delivery includes:
- Scheduled preventative maintenance visits for the duration of the contract
- Visit confirmation two to four weeks in advance, to allow for necessary change controls notification
- Professional JT Packard Field Engineers, fully equipped with tools and a laptop computer, pre-loaded with equipment manuals and work orders
- Service performed by Field Engineers who average 10+ years of industry experience on all brands and types of critical power equipment
- Consistent, accountable service delivery, following documented scopes of work and methods of procedure, customer-specific if necessary
- UPS and battery maintenance designed to maximize equipment lifecycle and identify potential future problems
- Field Service Reports (FSRs) reviewed, approved, and delivered within 7 to 10 days. If a problem is detected, the FSR is accompanied by a recommended corrective action plan and price quote.
Service Contract Entitlements
With multiple UPS systems in multiple locations, managing, monitoring, and tracking equipment performance is a significant responsibility that is magnified when it involves numerous service contracts. JT Packard’s national service contract provides a consolidated approach to critical power equipment service. We will streamline your contract management responsibilities and ease your burden with services beyond the standard deliverables.
Why JT Packard?
- Unlimited 24/7 emergency service, including parts, labor, travel, and on-site time for remedial and emergency repairs
- A dedicated National Customer Service Account Manager to handle scheduling and ensure that Field Engineers remain within 90 miles of your site
- Critical Asset Portfolio (CAP) for all equipment by system ID and location, which details PM service, correlation of UPS to battery strings to PDU, service call resolution, battery replacement, and capitol budget planning
- An optional embedded on-site Field Engineer 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or your designated primary business hours
- Primary local JT Packard Field Engineer for your sites
- Full UPS, battery, PDU, and other auxillary cabinet maintenance, performed by the same JT Packard engineer, and scheduled to minimize visits
- Market-competitive service contracts with consistent pricing across all same-size units, regardless of brand or location
- Centralized account management with up-to-the-minute knowledge of all systems under contract
- Technically-competent Field Engineers accountable for consistent service delivery
- Quarterly business reviews, scheduled at your convenience
- Major parts kits maintained at your site (or the ability to provide a full working replacement unit)
- Service credits offered for decommissioned systems, regardless of brand, size, or vintage
- Special, improved battery pricing
Service Level Agreement
Agility, flexibility, and the ability to deliver have been the cornerstones of JT Packard’s success. One of our major points of difference from the competition is that we manage equipment performance – rather than waiting to react to failures.
- We are qualified to service UPS equipment, related batteries and auxiliary equipment
- We track all equipment using a System ID and location, detailing PM service, correlation of UPS to battery strings to PDU, and we document battery date codes
- Our technical review team makes remedial service, battery replacement, and equipment end-of-life recommendations.
As a means of monitoring our performance, JT Packard has established an internal scorecard with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). These are routinely evaluated, and process improvements are routinely implemented among our people, process and technology resources, and circle back to validate the effectiveness of these changes.